Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Picking up where I left off

So life has continued.

So Aaron had surgery number 4 on his sinuses. Third one since have been married. Second one this year.  The surgery itself went well.  When the Dr. got in his sinuses they discovered that the packing foam used to help the sinuses after surgery last DID NOT dissolve like it was suppose to.  It is something called Stamburger Sinus Foam.  The thing this foam did was cause a huge infection and start growing mold.  Yes he had mold in his head. The removed the foam and all the other grossness, polyps and crap and washed him out really well.  He was then put on high doses of antibiotics and has finally, just the last few days started to feel better.  He has been sick longer than 8 months.  It's been a long haul.

School is out.  The kids did excellent this year.  Carys thrived in preschool and is looking forward to next year.  Seeing all her friends again.  I love that she has such a special place to go and call her own.  Jared will be starting 3rd grade, and Ally will be in 1st.  I love that they love school and excelled so well. Both Jared and Ally score off the charts in their exams. 

She is such a goofball




Jared attended his first Cub scout day camp and had a great time.  He learned about stars, volcanoes, making fudge, boats, shooting BB guns, bows and arrows, pan for gold and more.  I'm glad he was able to attend and have such a fun time.  He was able to meet new boys as well.  Ellensburg is small, and there are several smaller towns around, so we all pulled together.  Cle Elum, Thorp, Kittitas and us Ellensburg. There were probably around 35 boys. 


The afternoon of Jared's first cub scout camp he went to have another does of shots and had yet another bad reaction.  This one came on faster and harder than the last one.  I'm not sure what we are going to be able to do.  His poor little body just isn't handling the shots like we need and hoped it would.  I have a call into a specialist to see if they have any other ideas.


Day 2

Day 3

Some of the things he got and made.

I was finally able to find a big list of belt loop awards for cub scouting.  On that list was learn chess and play a game.  So we did, well, Aaron and Jared did.  I love that this is something they can do together.  Jared has caught on SO fast and is actually getting really good.


Did I mention that summer is here and it is really hot?  Well, it is. It has been 100+ for over a week or two.  Sunday we broke the June record of 113.  I took the kids to the park early one day, cuz that is the only time to enjoy outside right now.  I hate this hot, hot weather.  Fire season is already really bad.













Last Thursday we headed over to Tacoma/Auburn area to get together as a family to remember Olivia on her birthday.  It was a nice little get together with a little picnic and balloon launch. This picture cracks me up for many reasons.

Sweet girl

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

This goof ball was throwing water in the air and catching it in her mouth.  It was warm and it kept her cool and happy.

He is such a good guy.

Crazy silly cute girl.  Who knew she was getting sick?  The next day she was really not feeling good.
 
Olivia was remembered and honored with balloons, flowers and pictures drawn from cousins and little friends. 
 
Like I mentioned the next day Ally was burning up with a fever horrible sore throat and all the works.  Carys was following suit so Nana did what she could to keep Jared happy.  We got the sprinkler out and that was great fun.




They played chess, which to Nana's sadness she only one once (I think) out of at least a dozen games.






Saturday Ally was on the mend and feeling quite a bit better so Uncle Steve and Aunt Lindsey came over for a BBQ.  Jared and Papa cooked burgers.
Jared was earning yet more scout awards.  He was to plan everything and cook an outdoor meal.  He wrote the list. Found everything at the store.  Set the table and served dessert.  He did such a good job. Thanks Nana and Papa for helping him with this area.

We are now home.  Getting everyone feeling better.  Jared is having a hard time with his lungs, and Carys is a runny nosed mess.  It will blow over I'm sure.  Until Jared feels better though shots will have to wait.  Speaking of shots I got word today that his animal shot is back in.  It took 2 months to get it in.  We have to take SO MANY steps back in order for it to be a somewhat safe range to start up at.  UGH! So frustrating.  It means so many of the times before when he was so sore and miserable were for nothing.  Like I said, if when we are able to go back in the near future and things get really bad again I have another option set in place for him.  Love that boy.

No comments: