Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The weekend of new hair, and ER time.

So this last weekend we headed over the pass to Tacoma. Monday being a holiday and also my Dad's Birthday, we thought we would take advantage of the extra day away. Carys woke up all snotty with a cough AGAIN Thursday, but my Mom said, no worries, come anyway, so we did.  We have been dealing with this upper respiratory crud for 8-9 weeks.  It's really getting old.

Sunday came around and Jared wasn't doing well at all.  He felt horrible, wheezy, congested, super lethargic and just plain nasty.  Carys was and is still sick with a icky cough and nose, so she and Jared both stayed home from church with Aaron while I took Allyson to church with Mom and Dad.

They got some rest while we were gone but when I got home I checked on Jared and I really didn't like how he was breathing while sleeping, so I woke him up and gave him yet another treatment.  We just kept a super close eye on him for a while longer.

We celebrated Dad's birthday Sunday since Monday wasn't available for everyone.  We had a BBQ in the rain and then some cake and presents.  After that was all said and done it was HAIRCUT time for one very excited little girl.  Ally has been talking about Aunt Lindsey cutting her hair for quite a while, so it was time.  She had had small trims, but not a real cut.  So ultimately this was her first real haircut.  I tried to get some pictures but I was hopping rooms (Jared was getting ANOTHER treatment, the one before Mary Bridge) but here they are...


Brushing out the braid 
 
Spraying Allys hair or Carys? By the smile on Lindseys face and Steve's pointing I think this was a Carys spray!
 
The before shot from behind
 
Before
 
The first snip
 
Middle
 
ahhh!
 
All done!
 
Simple little trim, but it looks so much better!
 
Here she is Monday evening
Thanks Lindsey she looks cute and we all love it!
Even Aaron the toughest costumer to please in this situation loves it.  SCORE!
 
 
So going back too the story
 
~The rest of these shots were taken with my phone so don't mind the graininess~
 
This cute face wasn't doing well.
I love that he is getting freckles!
(obviously this was before the hard times kicked in) 
 
Like I said he wasn't doing well.  Most of Sunday looked like this for him.

 After the haircut and after listening to Jared breathe Aaron and I took him to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital.
They immediately hooked him up to a pulse ox meter and gave him Decadron

Seeing that his levels were so low they gave him an hour long breathing treatment.
They are awesome there, they gave him a folder of movies to choose from so we watch Lilo and Stitch.
 
 
Here is the readings.  With the mask on and the meds his oxygen was up to 99!  Great reading.
His heart rate at this moment was 194!  WOWZA!
This isn't the fastest it got though.  It was clipping away at around 210! You should have felt his chest.  I seriously thought his little heart was going to blast out!

After the treatment they did a few more tests and decided that the major threat was lessened and sent us home in satisfactory condition with some prescriptions and orders to see his normal Doc Tuesday.
He was so wiped out that we got back to my parents house,(who were up and waiting for us even though it was just about midnight,) he crashed on Nana's legs.

The next morning he slept in.  So not normal for him, even when he is up late he is usually still up at 7:00. There was a ward get together, down at Pt. Defiance that they have done ever year since I was Jared's age, but it was cold, raining and since he was dealing with this we stayed home. 
 
We headed back over to Ellensburg that afternoon.
 
So Tuesday (yesterday) came around and I took him to his normal doctor, Dr. Walters.
He is so good with kids, we really like him.
They had Jared do a pulmonary test, having him breathe in and out through a big tube connected to a lap top. His level was pretty low at 72.
 
They then did a treatment

They retested him to see if the treatment opened him up at all and it did.  His score this time was mid 80's.  Better but still not the best.  They want it as close to 100 as possible.
 
He left the office feeling pretty well (breathing treatments get you all buzzed) and he and I headed to the store to pick up prescriptions. While there he was pretty good, but as soon as we got home.
He was here.
 
Today isn't much better.  He is a go go go kinda boy.  Not much keeps him down, but ever since Sunday he has been down.  I find him laying, resting, and sleeping a lot.  Everything makes him upset and cry too.  Poor boy.
 
All the kids are congested, coughing and having icky noses.  I sure wish we could beat this already

 
And just because I think she is darling with her glasses and hair cut here is a shot of Allyson.

 
There, our lives in a post

3 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

So sad to see Jared down when he's usually so busy. Hopefully the new meds will kick in soon and he'll be back to his wild and crazy self.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! What a mess. It's one of the toughest things as a parent, when the little ones are not feeling well. And you get times three all at once. We'll send some prayers your way. Hope everyone gets to feeling better sooner than later.

Gina said...

So sad when kiddos don't feel well. You guys need a break from all of this!