I have gotten really bad about updating this blog.
I guess I'm going for once a month update if we are lucky.
Let us take a step back into time and go to February 19th.
Ally woke up and got sick though it only lasted a few hours. She was tired all day, but she didn't throw up any more after a couple hours went by.
Now jump to Friday morning. She woke up and seemed okay, but then suddenly she puked, and she puked big time. Both times (meaning Friday and February 19th) she complained about her head hurting as well. As the day progressed there never was anymore puking, but she was really blah, her head hurt her and she was just plain wiped. We decided that she needed to be seen.
Yesterday (Saturday) we took her to the Doctor. I love that our Doctors office is open on Saturdays. He did a complete exam, neurological as well. She looks good, she can do the normal hand to nose, and all that. What we think is going on is Migraines. The poor girl is only 4 and suffering from what we think is migraines already. I hate the fact that this may be something that is going to haunt her for life.
Dr. Walters contacted Seattle Children's Hospital and talked to a Dr. Wree in the Neurology department. He then called us personally and also sent me an email with some things that we are going to try and do to cross certain things off and to try to help her out.
I am also going to ask about doing allergy testing and maybe some other tests to make sure that there isn't something aggravating her physically or causing this to happen.
Yesterday afternoon she perked up and I thought I was heading in the right direction, but then she crashed and she crashed hard. Big time headache and sick to her stomach again. I hate seeing her feeling so bad and not having any power to help her out. Aaron has suffered from these migraines since he was little too, so we did the normal lights off, sounds real low and all that, but even those can only help so much.
I'm hoping that soon we can get some answers and help for my sweet girl. I want to see her up, singing, dancing and playing with her siblings again. Any thoughts and prayers will be welcomed as we try to help her in every possible way.
3 comments:
Bless her heart. Hope the Dr. can come up with something to help. We love her.
Oh not fun!!! But it's weird because Audrey has started to complain about her heading hurting and she feels like she has to throw up, but never has. I know sometimes the kids need to drink more fluids and their headaches go away but this last head ache she down 3 glasses of water and it didn't help. She laid in bed most of the day watching TV. Every now and then she'll tell me, "Mom my headache is gone." Which is making me think she is having one constantly but only tells me when it's not there. These poor girls! We'll definitely pray for her......Good Luck!
I saw your mom at church today. We were talking about Ally, and we will keep her and all of you in our prayers. I hope you find some answers soon and figure out how to help her feel better!
Post a Comment