Monday, August 9, 2010

You spin me right round baby, right round

like a record baby right round round round.

I hate spinning, I hate the feeling of being dizzy.  I know some people that like it, but I am not a fan.

Call me a wuss, pansy whatever, but when it comes to being dizzy I don't do well.  Well, let me restate that.  I am dizzy a lot, but for a week now I have been REALLY dizzy.

It all started a few weeks ago, with little dizzy spells and some contractions, or cramping, but then last Monday  I got up early with Ally around 4ish.  I was dizzy, meaning couldn't stand up without holding something, couldn't focus on anything I was doing.  I got Ally back to bed and thought, "okay that was weird, hope that is gone in a few hours."  I was wrong.  It wasn't better, it was just worse.  I couldn't sit up, turn my head or even move my eyes without the room spinning, swaying or anything of the sort.

Aaron stayed home to help since I was a mess.  He called the Doc and they wanted to see me.  My problem was trying to get up, dressed and into the office.  I just laid there wondering HOW? After a few more hours of laying drinking lots of water the dizzies got a tiny bit better.  Enough that I could get up and ready for my appointment.

The diagnosis is still out.  We are trying to figure out why exactly I feel the way I do.  I was told to drink at least 3 Liters (yes a lot) of water each day to stay hydrated. Which I have been trying to do since, but I haven't noticed much change. There has also been weight loss, which doesn't hurt my feelings at all, but we need to make sure that baby is getting nutrition, so we are doing a few tests for that too. 

All in all we are still doing alright.  I am 26 weeks, taking everything one day at a time trying not to do too much to make anything worse.  Next week and the following as well we are going to get some scans that will tell us how "Carynatney" (that is what Aaron calls her.  It is Carys, Natalie and Courtney all squished together) is doing. Till then we continue on the best we can.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Really, you know people who like to be dizzy?! Weird.

I hate that feeling, and I've never had it as constantly as you... I hope they figure out the cause soon. What a pain.

26 weeks! You're getting there!!

Gina said...

I occasionally have dreams where I am spinning, and I absolutely hate it. I'm sorry you feel that way all the time! I hope you get a few answers in the next week, and a few solutions too.

Take care of yourself!