
So my life right now is all about questions, and decision making with some child raising too obviously.
I HATE MAKING DECISIONS. It seems like no matter what I decide to go with, I'm going to wish I went the other way. Not always, but it has been known to happen.
Some of the things I am trying to decide on are about baby #3's things.
Car seat - All the seats out there have passed the same test, and are all safe. There are different weight limits such as 22 pounds, 30 pounds and 35 pounds (infant seats.) I am looking at a certain 3 seats that are all highly rated and are the top 3 seats of this year. They are all the same price (within 10 bucks) and all have their pros and cons. I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND! Top 3 seats this year are
1. Graco Snugride 35
2. Chicco Keyfit 30
3. OnBoard 35 Air - only interested in the air ones. There are cheaper versions, but they aren't as good.
Bedding - I have looked and numerous sites, but I can't decide on bedding for the crib. I guess it's a good thing that this baby will be in our bassinet for a while, so even if I don't or can't decide before, I have time.
Should I go pink, purple, yellow? AHHHH!
Name -This poor child is nameless. Well partially. We are pretty certain on the middle name. All the kids in my family, including all the grand kids (meaning Melanie's kids too) have family names as their middle names. Either side of the family, so we are pretty set on the middle name, but as for a first name we aren't set at all.
So here I am at a loss. We have 4 names that we are "thinking" about for now. In no particular order...
Lydia Morgan
Natalie Morgan
Carys Morgan
Courtney Morgan
I personally think that Carys Morgan goes best together, but that is just me. In case you are wondering Carys is pronounced like Ferris.
We will need to get a new highchair too, but there is no rush with that one.
Aaron is no help, well at least with anything but the name. He has an opinion with the name. He has told people that I named Jared and Allyson entirely by myself, but that is so not true. He has a say with the names he always has! In fact he was the one that wanted Allyson to be spelled with a "Y". But as for the bedding, car seat and all that he is no help. Frustrating.
I am going to make fun of Aaron for just a second now. Our children's names are:
Jared Steven
Allyson Cecilia
The other day he spelled Ally's middle name wrong! He spelled it Cecelia, I told him it was wrong and so he respelled in Cececilia. OH DEAR! He spelled Jared's name Jarod in the Hospital when we had him. We had to get his birth certificate fixed. Maybe I should just have him name the baby that way maybe he would get the spelling right! HA HA!
As for now I will just continue to stew over what I need to decide on. This has been a long post all about pure randomness I know!
6 comments:
Good luck figuring it all out.
And don't worry too much about the name, you've got time. We were still reading names from the baby book while we waited to go to the OR... :) That was a bit last minute though.
When I saw the question marks I thouht this was going to be about Jared's eternal "WHY?". Teehee.
As for the carseat, I LOVE my Chicco keyfit 30! If I were you I would go with that one. Good luck with everything else. Thats about the only thing I've got an opinion on. Good luck with Aaron spelling names... At least he has the right names for the right kids so far. :O)
Whatever you choose, I know you'll be happy with it. I'm no expert on car seats (we used the same one with all 3 girls), and as far as colors go, I love mint green and brown.
Don't stress about the baby's name. Like I said before, we didn't actually name Sadie until after she was born. We just had to see her first. But I do love Carys. It's really unique, and it does go well with Morgan.
Good luck with all of your decisions!
Love all the names, but my favorite is Carys. Unique but not "out there". Good luck with all your decisions!!!!
I'm with Gina, we used the same car seat with both kids. And if a third one was to come, the car seat is waiting while collecting dust.
Names are fun! We know #3 will come eventually and I am already trying to find names that Dave will agree on. Good Luck!
Post a Comment