So, here is an update.
Allyson had another speech appointment and it went pretty well. We are happy with her changes, but we are still trying to figure out how to get her to really start flowing.
She has more words, such as Plane, Bye, Hi, Done, Baby, Cheese, Cookie and more. Of course they aren't perfectly said, but we know what she is saying. We are trying some new things in speech and so far it seems to be working a bit better. Her therapist has mentioned numerous times how smart she is and how she is impressed with how much Ally communicates with her facial expressions and eyes. We aren't really worried about her not talking much we just wish that sometimes she would so we could understand her a bit better.
Then again, don't take this wrong, there are times we are glad that she is a strong silent type since Jared is such a gabber!
Moving on.
We are having a hard time coming up with a name for child #3. We have a few ideas, but nothing for sure. We are pretty sure it is still a girl. We had an appointment Thursday and Dr. Sand did a Ultrasound just for fun. During my last appointment he measured and checked everything out, so this appointment was just a quick check, but he said since there is a machine right here (there is a machine in just about every room) let's just look. He took both regular and 3D pictures. I go back to him in 4 weeks for more pictures and measuring and a week after that I go to UW for a scan there as well. That is one thing that is kinda cool about being high risk. We get to see baby so much more then others. Scans at almost every appointment. I guess that is really the only cool thing about being high risk.
So here are a few pictures that we got. They didn't scan real well, so I labeled them. Like I said this is just a sampling of what we should be getting in a few more weeks.
Dr. Sand kept calling her a Pixie, so here is our little Pixie who likes to cover her face with 1 arm while sucking her other thumb.
Click on them to read and see them a bit better.
I can't not mention Jared. He is as busy as ever. We were in Tacoma last weekend, which Jared loves. He loves going for bike rides, walks and playing ball. He loves going to the parks, and everything else that keeps him busy and running. Ally too for that matter.
He loves playing and helping Uncle Steve with anything and everything.
I think that pretty much sums up the last couple weeks. We SHOULD be having a few quieter weeks here, but you never know.




3 comments:
The kids at the beach with your Dad is such a familiar looking place to me. Is that Brown's point? If so love love love that spot! And I miss it, one of the few things I miss from Tacoma, other than people.
I think Pixie is a cute name! However, I can't imagine anyone named Pixie getting a job anywhere but maybe Dairy Queen or a strip club...
We also had a hard time coming up with a name for #3. We had a few names that have been on our "short list" since before Lucy was born, and a few new additions, but we ended up taking our little list on an index card to the hospital, and we didn't decide on a name until after Sadie was born. Honestly, I was so tired that I said to David, "Just pick something."
I know you'll come up with something that will fit just right! Glad to hear things are going well for your family.
Looks like fun! Your kids are so cute! I bet our kids would play really well together if we ever get that chance.
Post a Comment