have been spent going back and forth from Tacoma/Seattle and here.
First thing first. The kids had their first IceCream Sandwich. Do you think they liked it?
We spent the 4th with my family in Tacoma. Aaron spent the morning/afternoon down at Freedom Fair watching the airshow wishing for nice weather, but that wasn't the case. We had a BBQ and hung out.
Got the kids in bed early enough that Jared didn't have to worry too much about the fireworks. The boy really doesn't like them, and for the most part he was alright with the few he did hear, but he didn't want to hear anymore and he really didn't want to see them.
We came home for a few days and then back again for a couple days for another appointment for me at UW. Things went alright. My Cardiac Output which was the highest number last time has come down 1 point so that is something. My BP was closer to a normal range, and my heart rate is closer to 100 bpm instead of 130. Meds are doing their job for now.
After going over all this Dr. Easterling told me "You aren't normal, but I like the improvement!" We also talked about my swelling. I've noticed swelling the last month and it's getting worse. If I spend too much time on my feet my feet/toes and legs get puffy and stay puffy for quite a while, and yes swelling is normal, but not usually this early on. I think I have mentioned my rings already and that is the same for now. I am going to get them cut soon.
Dr. Easterling noticed it too and told me that my vessels are leaky. Meaning that every salty thing makes the water retention worse. For example he said that IF I were to eat 2 ounces of chips I would gain 2 pounds. There really isn't anything I can do to stop it. Obviously cutting out all the salt I can will help and also I may be put on a diuretic (water pill) to help remove excess water from my body.
So for now we are hanging tight and just riding some things out hoping that things hold on where they are and do not raise. I go back to see Dr. Sand in 2 weeks and then a few weeks later go back to UW again. We should get some pictures at our next appointments which hopefully she will cooperate with. Till next time.




1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you, and wondering how things are going. I'm glad you had a little bit of good news, and I hope it stays that way!
You and your family are always in our prayers.
Post a Comment