Just a little story to explain a few gray hairs that shot out of my head on Sunday Morning.
While getting ready to go over to Aaron's family for Easter, Jared scared the living daylights out of me. Jared and I were in Ally's room. I was getting clothes together to take with us, since I didn't want them wearing their fancy duds while eating. I saw that Jared was playing with the dresser, but didn't think anything of it. The next moment I found myself catching the dresser with my arm and screaming for Aaron for help. Jared had opened all the drawers and the dresser fell over and would have totally squashed him if I wasn't there.
Luckily he wasn't hurt. Nothing broke either. He was scared and kept saying he was sorry and that it was an accident. I wasn't mad at all, but I guess when I yelled he thought I was mad. I was just glad that he was alright.
So those of you that have a tall dresser (ally's has 6 drawers), please keep it in mind that you shouldn't pull out all the drawers at the same time it might fall over! Yes I need to paint Ally's name. I'm getting there!
3 comments:
We would have had a Mushy Pea!!!
It really needs to be secured to the wall, but I haven't done mine either.
Scary! I know they have safety straps for dressers, but who ever expects that the dresser could actually fall over? Glad Jared's okay. Great catch on your part.
Post a Comment