Friday, April 2, 2010

A bit of this and that.


Since I had so many positive responses on here, Facebook and personal email I decided to look into what was needed to start a walk.  I got an answer back about 4 days later and discovered that there is a lot needed and I had to have most of it completed by March 30th.  I wish I would have known about it sooner.  Not enough time this year but hopefully I will be able to get things set up and organized by next year. 
I still wish I could participate, by walking or helping out, but I guess I will be there in spirit this year. 

Now for pure randomness since I tend to be a bit random...

A few quotes from Jared
1. "I don't want to eat vegabees!"  He then relized that it didn't come out right and changed it to
  "I don't want to eat vegables!" 
2. "When I get big I want to put fire in the meat like Daddy." Referancing the BBQ grill.
3. This is one that he has been mentioning for months, and maybe it is his dream. "When I get bigger  I'm going to fly up to the moon and see the stars!" He said to me the other day. "When you get big and tall you can come too Mommy!"  How sweet, the boy thinks I'm going to grow!  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I quit growing when I was about 13.  There is no hope for me and the moon!

 Allyson
This girl has discovered a love for running, dancing and chasing Jared.  She still isn't talking, which I'm getting a bit concerned about since she is now 17 months.  Jared was speaking quite a bit by this age.  I know we shouldn't compare them, since they are 2 completely different individuals, but it's hard not too.  It's really frustrating trying to figure out what it is she wants and needs for her and us. 

I take her to the Doctor in a few weeks and I'm sure something will come up then about what we need to to or try.  I've been limiting her binky time of course, and trying to get her to repeat things.  She babbles a ton and comes right up to us and rattles off sentences of pure gibberish, so I know she is capable of speach. 

On the other hand she is growing like a weed and just might be 20 pounds! 

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Vegabees! :)

Anonymous said...

The fire in your meat was funny!

And Audrey, yea, she ain't talking yet either. She has a few words, but everything else is also pure gibberish. We jokingly call her Helen Keller. She sounds as if she's deaf and trying to talk. Bad, I know. But Dave and i get a good laugh. It's normal. Our first kids weren't. LOL

Annie Leavitt said...

that would be so cool to do that walk someday!