Friday, February 19, 2010

What we have learned

What we have learned just this last week...

When your 3 year old uses Old Spice Deoderant as chapstick, they will be fine. Just clean their lips really well.  Wipe off  the deoderant AND armpit residue!


Jared doesn't mind that Nana Peterson accidently bought Dora Easy Ups instead of Diego. She saw size 4 and went with it. Silly Nana. They work just as well while he sleeps.

Washable Crayola markers really do come out of everything (so far) even off 15 month old lips. I don't know what my children have with putting random things on their lips!

When trying to take a shower with 2 little ones awake, turning on a movie to have 5 minutes in the shower doesn't work.  At least not without interruptions for the potty (eventhough I asked right before), the light kept going off and on (our light switch is outside the door, LAME I know), and questionable banging, laughing and crying.  BUT I am clean!  AND the mess is cleaned up.



Jared's bum is too small for the smallest size of toddler underware at Old Navy, which bummed me out since they were having a big sale.  According to their size chart he should be wearing 18 months. On another side of it Jared's bum is small enough to fit in a size 3 diaper.  I grabbed the wrong size the other day when he went to bed (right now he usually wears a diaper in bed just incase.)

When one wakes up from a nap too early and can't find a decent place to lay down with a pillow, then a stool and "Dangles" will work just fine.  Ally decides that 40 minutes is long enough for a nap yesterday , but then I found her like this 5 minutes later.  I guess she decided that she was still tired.  I held her for another hour after taking a picture or two.


Oh the list could go on.  Between the "Normal" everyday stuff and the sudden changes through out the day, it's pretty entertaining!  Who needs TV and Movies to be entertained!  You just need a very active 3 year old Boy with a little Sister to play along! 

7 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the laughs! And that picture of Ally is ADORABLE!

suepeterson710 said...

It's amazing what you learn from little ones, isn't it?

Sabin Family said...

Well you can't say that life is boring! Goofy kids!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Ally asleep on Dangles. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, our light switch is also on the outside of the master bath. Luckily, the kids haven't figured out how fun a game that could be. The fan switch is on the inside, why couldn't the light switch be by the fan switch?

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

What a very entertaining post :). Thanks for the chuckles!

Gina said...

Awesome, Carolyn! I did not know that about Old Spice deodorant. I do know, however, that cat litter is just as fun as sand to a 1-year-old!