Monday, February 22, 2010

The kiddos with an update

My sickly little ragamuffins.
 

 

 

 

We are off to the Doctor yet again in about an hour.  We had to go in on Saturday since Jared was sounding so terrible and wheezy.  The Doctor on-call that morning said to treat him every 4 hours round the clock with Albuteral, and to bring him back Monday morning.  If he was to get any worse we were to take him to the ER, but luckily for us we were able to stay away from there.  Saturday afternoon Ally started sounding just like Jared and is a total mess now too.  So I will bring that up at the appointment and MAYBE just MAYBE today we will get some answers, one can hope. 

I know I have said this before and I wish I didn't have to keep saying this, but 4 months almost 5 months now of illnesses has been tough, tiring and beyond rediculous.  We are seriously thinking of moving and burning this place down.  It is festering some kind of funk!

UPDATED

So we are now home and Jared has RSV, and Ally most likely does too, but I will talk about her in a moment.

Dr was saying that since the kids both have Asthma, their colds always turn into something worse and go straight to their lungs, which causes the horrible coughs and the wheezing.  I guess I know for next time not to be too surprised when this happens.

So we got home from the Dr and I tried to get the kids to eat, but that fight was lost by me.  I always give Ally a little bit of a bottle before her afternoon nap, so she is good and full.  Aaron gave her her bottle and about 3 seconds after she finished, she projectiled vomited her entire contants all over her, Aaron, the couch, and the floor.  It was horrible!  Now that I've painted that picture in you heads.  Don't feed a little one with a fever of 101.8, who isn't acting hungry, without knowing what MAY happen.

3 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Yeah I can definitely see why you would question if this all had some sort of environmental cause. Beyond ridiculous is right!

Jen said...

I agree, move and burn the place down! Something's got to be in your apartment that's making everyone sick. When we lived in Heritage apartments we would leave for the weekend and come back to mold on our walls. I have a bad reaction to mold so Jacob would have to go in with bleach water and spray everything down before I could come in.

I hope your kids get better soon.

Erica said...

I was thinking about the whole environmental side of this and I remembered the reason why my Mom, a chronic asthmatic due to a chemical burn YEARS ago, no longer has carpeting in her house. Do a little research, it may be the carpet who is the culprit (say, carpet culprit five times really fast LOL!)...you can vacuum the crap outta carpet and still have lovely dust mites and other microscopic beasties who may be constantly triggering asthma which is then leaving them more susceptible to germs...kind of like a vicious cycle. And with constantly being sick, their immune systems are not up to snuff so ANY little whiff of a germ comes thru the front door is attacking their bodies with glee. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble...I dunno what can be done about the carpet, maybe request it to be taken out and Pergo put in due to asthamtic kiddos? Well, one can dream can't they?!? Gosh, I hope you can get them cleared up and well soon...you guys are in our daily prayers. Sending you LOTS of get better "germs" your way!