Friday, January 29, 2010

The latest on these 2, well, 3.

So Ally has been sick and sick and even sicker! This all started in November. It got worse in December which landed us at countless Doctor trips (okay I lied I counted them, there were 6 in December alone), and 2 ER trips.

We got home from Tacoma earlier this month and got rid of the flu and everything else. She was healthy for about a week or so and now something else has hit. She has been running a temp, of about 102.3, but getting as high as 104.3. We've been in the Doctors office twice this week, but still no answers. She has been tested 3 times for RSV, Flu, Strep, Ear Infections and Pneumonia. Nothing is coming back with positive results, meaning that she doesn't have any of that. She is showing all the classic symptoms, but the tests are clear. Of course I don't want her to have any dreadful but I wish it was something we could treat and get rid of.

We are pretty sure she has Asthma though. She has had a cronic cough especially at night time for 2 months, so as well as her normal Albuteral treatment she has Provental now (well, as soon as Insurance approves it) that will HOPEFULLY help her out. I also hope this is something that she will grow out of, like her Daddy did.

This morning she is acting a bit better, but no where near where she usually is. I wish she would eat and drink, but that has been impossible. She was weighed yesterday and the day before at the Doc and she had lost 1/2 pound in less than 24 hours, which may not seem like a lot, but for a little girl it isn't the best. She did enjoy her popsicle last night though so that made me happy! Thanks for the idea Melanie!

Here are a few pictures of our little lady. She smiled and posed for the first one which was taken a few days ago before she got real bad.
Here was yesterday. Not in the mood for a picture, but I LOVE her in Blue!

Now for the King of our house.

We have been working on Potty Training him this week. Some of you may be thinking "It's about time, or Finally!", well I am too a bit, but really I wasn't going to force or push him to do something that he wasn't ready or wanting to do.
He has been acting and showing readiness of potty training for close to a year, but when I brought it up before he was NOT happy about it at all, and from what I'd heard there is no point forcing it, cuz it causes more problems. But Monday I thought would be a good day to try again and Jared did wonderfully! He had 1 tiny, miniscule accident on the first day, but NOTHING since.

The next step is moving him from his little seat to the "Big" seat.  We asked him about using the "Big" seat and he said "No, I will fall in and go SPLASH! It's too big, and I'm too little."  All in all he has done great.
He has taken to it like a pro! We are so proud of him! He is such a big boy now, not my little Preemie!


This is Dangles. He is Ally's best Friend. We were concerned the other day when we had to wash him. She is so attached to him, we were worried that washing him MIGHT ruin him. Just in case I went and bought another one for such tragedies. He ended up coming out just fine which was great. So, the spare is waiting in the closet for another day and another time!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, could your kids get any cuter!? Ally does look really good in blue. It really brings out her eyes. Love the monkey:)

Anonymous said...

First I have to compliment your picture taking. The photos look really good. And the first picture of Ally posing is one I would print up for the wall. Too cute! Way to go Jared!!!! Mother knows best and when the time is right. Awesome.

Sabin Family said...

I sure hope that sickness will quit picking on you all soon! It's been hanging out at your house way too long! I love the new blog title. Very fitting! Way to go Jared! Uncle Nick and I are so proud of you for making it through your first week of potty training! We hope you all get better soon! We miss you!

Melanie said...

Glad to hear Ally's doing better. I hope Jared gets over his fever quickly too.

You know how much we LOVE Ty Pluffies. We've washed Emily's SOOOOO many times, and it's still doing great. It looks loved, but we haven't had to replace it yet.

Now it is time to find one for baby #4. :)

suepeterson710 said...

By the Way, LOVE the new title for your blog.

Gina said...

I love the new title too! Very creative!