1 year ago today Aaron and I went to the hospital with the plans of having a baby the same day.
We were admitted at 6:00 am and I was put in a room in a lovely gown, where I stayed for 13 hours. I was hooked up with monitors and IV's and we sat waiting for our little girl to arrive. Every half hour to an hour the nurse bumped up my Pitocin, and after a few hours I finally started feeling a little less comfortable, but each time the cramping/contractions went away.
I layed there in the bed waiting, hoping that something would happen. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of Jared's birth, but things were starting to look that way. My Blood Pressure was higher than it had been previously, and I was started to spill protein. We watched movies, and TV and just waited for something to pick up.
I was uncomfortable, hungry (I could only have broth) and getting very annoyed at the fact that nothing was really happening. Again a C-section wasn't in my best interest.
I walked in at about 2-3 centimeters and that evening I was about 4-5. Dr. Sand said that sometimes that happens. They couldn't give me anymore Pitocin it was at the highest setting and it wasn't working like it should've been. He told me to go home for the night and come back the same time tomorrow, with the hope that something would be different in the morning.
Talk about feeling like a failure. We went the the pharmacy and picked up some Meds that were ordered for the night and came home baby less. We helped put Jared to bed with my Parents and soon after he was down I went to bed, trying to sleep, though it was pointless.
1 comment:
Are you going to type more? The story just kinda ends with no ending. lol
Post a Comment