Wednesday, October 28, 2009

picking up where we left off

So the next morning back over to the OB department with HOPES that today would be the day, though I wasn't getting my hopes up.

I was hooked all back up, still had my IV lines in from the day before, they had just disconnected everything and wrapped it up. Got the monitors hooked up, and we then waited for Dr. S to come check on me, even though it was his day off he was concerned and wanted to be there. He came in and said that I was now a 6! The Pitocin worked during the night! He also said with the protein and BP levels it was needed that I deliver today. It had to happen!

I was then moved to one of the delivery rooms, and got ready for some real action. Still didn't know how long it was going to be, but progress had been made. Pitocin wasn't really doing anything so Dr. Sand broke my water and we waited. Wasn't long before I was feeling the real contractions and they were coming fast and hard. Around 9:30 I was given an epidural. Why do it without? I've felt it both ways and I believe there is a reason they are available.

Much more comfortable for the next few hours while we waited, and then again 11:30 the epidural wore off. I waited it out and finally around 12:30 I was given a booster shot to help. That is also when Dr. Longo (Dr. S's partner) checked and I was a 10.

We called our families and told them what was happening and that we would be calling them shortly (hopefully).

Both Dr's came in and helped with the delivery which they said was the first time that had ever happened! Lucky us to be double covered! After a few laughs and the obvious Allyson Cecilia was born at 1:15 pm weighing 6 pounds 8.5 ounces.

Here she is then







Here she is now












She has changed so much in a year. She is walking quite well and she is showing lots of signs of her personality. She loves giving high fives, and waving. She is getting quite an attitude and lets you know if she doesn't like something. She isn't speaking real "words" yet, but with her attitude maybe that's a good thing. HA HA!

We love you Ally Baby and are so glad that you are in our family.

6 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

What a difference a year makes. Love the cupcake pix. The messier the better, right?

Sabin Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLYSON! Uncle Nick and I love you very much! We are so happy that you were born a year ago today, our family wouldn't be the same without a sweet Ally girl!

Anonymous said...

Pretty girl and her cupcake. I need to meet her!

Jen said...

She is so beautiful!

Melanie said...

Looks like the cupcake was a hit! :) What a cutie.

Carole said...

What a beautiful and welcome addition to the family. Her smiles melt my heart! A year has gone so fast, but then again, it feels like forever. Sweet, sweet Ally!