Friday, October 4, 2013

The preschool of choice!

So it has been almost a month exactly since school has started.  I have been so happy, impressed and comfortable with the choice we made to change schools and send her to Stepping Stones Academy.  The whole feeling is different.  Very happy, laid back and fun.  A lot of learning and pure fun happening.  With that being said, I also LOVE that Kristi did an assessment to see where every child was/is academically.  That way when they have their special work time they are doing things at THEIR level.  Not just a class level.  I know with Jared this was never done and he was so past "This is a letter R."  I really love this idea.  They will be re-evaluated towards the middle and the end of the year. 

Anyway

The started with the Theme Monster University.  All the papers (there work while at school) that came home had something to do with that.  As the month went on, their projects were Monster theme as well, but with counting, shapes and  letters included.
 
These are some of her projects she did during the first month.
They had to count, write and cut all these.
 
 "Math with Mike"
"I used these shapes to make my monster
4 circles, 2 triangles and 1 crescent"

"Sully-
Big rectangle on campus
On my monster I counted:
3 rectangle, 2 circles, 4 crescents"
 
 
"I can use Mirror Painting to create art. This is my monster Squishy!
He has 5 eyes."
 
"I can recognize the beginning letters f my name.
I painted them on my Monster University pennant on the first day of Preschool!"
 
Then there is her ID tag. 
I don't know how often they wore them, but is that not the cutest monster?!

They have now moved onto Halloween!  From what I hear this is her teachers favorite, so I know that we will be enjoying some more fun things.

So happy with this school, teacher and other families.  She has made a few really good friends, she has her little gal friend Jojo and her little boy friend Jayden.  Ally is the type that makes friends easily and I love that about her.  She is friends with all the kids but those 2 mentioned and special, special friends that she talks about a lot.  Happy days in preschool!

1 comment:

suepeterson710 said...

So glad Ally is having such fun at Preschool. She is such a sweetie.