Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The day we heard the "T" word

Last Tuesday went like any other Tuesday lately, preschool, school, errands and laundry. That was until after dinner. I started to get pains, major, major pains in my upper right side right under my right rib cage that wrapped around my back. It got worse and worse until Aaron decided to take me to the ER. We had Mitch come sit at the house (the kids were in bed) and off we went.

We welcomed Aaron's Birthday while there. Not the way one really wants to do that, but...
After 5 hours with blood draws, EKG done, and IV full of dilaudid and Zofran I was sent home, rather high I may add. The diagnosis gallbladder issues most likely gallstones.
So strict diet of no fat or very low fat has been my life.

I had a ultra sound Yesterday (Monday) mainly to check the gallbladder for issues like stones, swelling, clogs. While there they scanned my, liver, aorta, kidneys, spleen, and of course the pest, the gallbladder.

Today (Tuesday) we got a call saying results were back and I was needed in the office. Aaron and I headed in and got some news we weren't expecting at all. Yes my gallbladder is full of stones and will need to come out (not surprised there), but we are going to deal with that after the other issue. They found a cyst or tumor on my left kidney. What that means right now I don't know. All I know is that Aaron and I are kinda numb at the thought of "what if?"

Blood was taken, urine tested and right now my numbers are all good, so we are thinking optimistically and hoping for the best. I can't even start to think negative and what that might bring.  My kids, my kids! 

All I can say is, life has been very, very hectic, stressful and worrisome these last 8 days.  In some ways maybe the gallbladder attack was a blessing in disguise so we could find out about the kidney, but... 

I don't like this.  If you are the praying type, the good vibe type or whatever you believe in, I am asking for your thoughts.  I don't usually ask for myself, but at this time I could use it I am a bit freaked.  Honestly not just me, my little family too could use a moment of your time.

Thank You!


1 comment:

Gina said...

Carolyn, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. What terrifying news. I can only imagine the stress and anxiety you are experiencing. I know this sounds trite and you know it already, but Heavenly Father knows all of this, and He is right by your side. Take care of yourself and your family. Only let positive things in. Much love to you.