Jared has been having emotional issues lately and one thing that we hadn't tried that Robin suggested a few years ago was getting him a special friend. We thought about it, prayed about it and went through all the hoops and everything making sure we had EVERYTHING and anything in line and approved for this friend for everyone. Yes, I said everyone. The girls would love it, hopefully it would help Jared.
We went and got her Wednesday. Aaron and I drove out to Kittitas, picked her up and totally surprised the kids. They were happy, nervous but excited too. She was/is 11 weeks and full of energy and love and was a bit hesitant at first. That didn't last long though. She blended in really well. Missy the puppy. She was/is a mix of Shepard/Lab, Akita and Chow. Looking at her and comparing pictures online to me she is mainly Shepard and Lab look but with a curly tail like the Akita and Chow.
We had her for 3 days.
They liked her and enjoyed watching her, but she was a bit too much for them from time to time. She was calm, but when you got her excited, BOY did she get excited. Too excited for the kids. They would get scared and jump up on the couch or chairs. Don't get me wrong, she was a good pup, but she is a baby still. She wasn't going to hurt or attack them, she just wanted to play.
The other side of the problem was me. I noticed a connection of allergy issues and Missy. We tried not having her in the house and if I cleaned and vacuumed really well while she was gone with Aaron I cleared up. Ultimately we don't know with 100% certainty, but... we tried it for a couple days during the day and during that time I was alright.
She had to go. I was miserable, the kids enjoyed her, but were a bit too young yet to understand some things with her and it just didn't work as we had hoped. I had to be the one to call it quits. I hated it. I hated pulling her from the home and sending her back, but what else could I do. The kids had to be comfortable in their home and I did too.
So last night her original owner came back and grabbed her after work. She got here and said that Missy's Mom has been sad. Hopefully this is for the best, for everyone. Animal and human alike.
It was hard for the kids. I felt/feel horrible for causing this issue for everyone. I know some may think, "oh jeez, just a stupid dog get over it." We will, but it was a special surprise for the kids and I hate that it didn't work out for them (especially them with issues needing attention) but Aaron too. We will try again another time with other plans, but for now...
3 comments:
So sorry it didn't work out. But it's important that you are all comfortable in your own home. xxx
Um, Mom I think you are on my account. I didn't write something to myself. Odd!
Ooops. :-)
Post a Comment