Blogger has done something to my account and took away my option of uploading pix from my computer. I can still upload from web cam, URLs, and other random places, but not computer files. I need to figure out what is going on. I can still upload from Picasa, but I don't use Picasa often, but in the mean time I guess I will have to so I can at least post some shots.
moving on
Christmas has come and gone. The kids had a blast, and got lots if great things. Of course they each have their favorite things, but thoroughly love everything. We spent Christmas in Tacoma with my family. While we were there we got the kids pictures taken, made goodies that Elfis brought, went to Zoo lights and enjoyed some "quiet" time too. This year on Christmas eve we read a couple stories and read the Christmas story in the Bible and the kids acted out the Nativity. It was cute.
Thanks to all who helped make Christmas fun and special for the kids. I have pictures but like I mentioned...
Now it's a New Year and it is back to the grind. Back to school (though Jared didn't take much of a break, he enjoys school too much right now.) Back to normal life of balancing work, school, family.
Last week Jared had to get his nose cauterized again. This time they did his Right side instead of his Left. He had his left side down a few years ago, and honestly it is his left side that still causes problems, but his right side had some major vessels that needed to be stopped. Only 1 side can be done at a time due to the risk of burning a whole through the septum (not good.) We go back next week and we will see what the Dr. has to say.
The girls are doing well. Allyson is all about dressing pretty and accessorizing. Carys is starting to follow suit, but ideally her favorite and most requested "outfit" would be her birthday suit. This girl LOVES nakedness.
This is a very boring post.
moving on
Warning, Mama Bear coming out a bit!
So there has been things said about my man child. Different people have mentioned that they "Think or somehow Know" (even though they have no medical background,) that Jared has aspergers. This is NOT true. I have reasons beyond reasons and facts beyond facts stating that Jared does NOT have aspergers or anything like that. There are so many ways that they are not the same. Yes there are a few similarities, but overall they are COMPLETELY different. I would appreciate those who think this or those who have said this to me or my family to please stop. It upsets me, it isn't true and just, no. I have a "Highly Sensitive" little man who is awesome. He is brilliant, kind, compasionate, funny and will light up a room if people would give him a chance.
Here is a link that lays out some of the differences. If this isn't enough and you want more information on the differences let me know and I will get that info to you. If Jared had aspergers of course we would still love him the same way and we would deal with whatever we would need too, but it isn't the case, so please...
moving on
Well kind of moving on, still Jared news. This boy is thriving beyond what I thought he would in school. Yesterday he did the equivilant of 7 hours and 40 minutes of school work in 1 hour and 35 minutes. Yes I'm boasting for a moment. Let me and more importantly him have a moment in the light. He blows me away at how fast he picks things up and how fast he goes through things. According to his teacher, (I'm his learning coach) kids that started the beginning of September should be at around 42% in all subjects by the end of January. Jared is sitting at 70-80% in his subjects. He will be sent new books in the near future. I love my boy, but he needs to slow down just a bit! :)
and finally,
For now I am done. Hopefully soon I can upload some pictures and post about something more exciting and thrilling.
2 comments:
Hang in there! It's always hard when others think they are right when they know nothing about the situation. You're an awesome person and your kids are lucky to have you as their mother.
Take it with a grain of salt...grain of salt...grain of salt. That's what I tell myself when those "well-meaning" people who have just the exact piece of advice they think I need begin to talk.
Don't second guess yourself. You're doing the right thing.
Post a Comment