We had our normal routine and I got the clean, dressed, and got more Zucchini bread in the oven and headed outside to play about 5 minutes before my parents drove up. The kids were SO shocked when they saw their van turn into the drive. The stopped dead in their tracks, figured out what was going on and then RAN as fast as they dared to the van. Even Carys walked as fast as she could to see them. It was cute.
After a while we headed over to the playing fields to get Jared's pictures taken in his uniform, alone and with his team. We headed home for an hour or so and then went back to the fields for his game. This week was completely opposite then last week in the weather department. Last week I couldn't get him warm enough, even after he put his jacket on. This week he got sunburned on his neck and face. Actually Mom and I did as well. It was such a difference.
The game was great. Jared offers a lot of comical relief during the games. I'm not saying this just because he is my child, but seriously, he is the funniest kid out there. Half the time I think he is in his own little world. He is as happy as can be out there and he enjoys it, but he really doesn't care about the game itself, meaning he is just having fun and I think it is great.
His first position he was given was pitcher. Being T-ball the kids don't actually pitch, but stand there waiting for the ball to come his direction.
Waiting.
Honestly there were balls that went his way, that he watched go by.
We told him to try to get the next one!
Trying to get it, but someone else was first
Oh well, that is alright. Next time!
He brushed it off by doing a dance!
Love that kid!
His turn to bat
This little man hits it stands still.
"RUN PEA! DROP THE BAT AND RUN!"
Good job Bud!
Mom says he looks like a bobble head with the helmet on.
He made it all the way to home base and the decided that climbing the face would be an awesome idea. Oh Buddy!
Next turn batting!
It was soon after this picture was taken that he decided that his head was too hot and removed his helmet. No one caught what happened next on camera that I am aware of, but OH I WISH WE DID!
It played out like this
-He discovered that the batting helmet had holes in the top.
-He discovered that his finger fit perfectly in the holes.
-He decided to run the rest of the bases with his finger sticking through the top of his helmet.
I am still laughing about that.
EDIT!!!!!!
Mom caught it!
She thought her batteries had died, but she caught it just before they did. You can see his little finger sticking right out the top of the helmet. He started running after this tapping his finger with his other hand. He is such a goober.
You my boy crack me up. Actually, you were cracking a lot of people up yesterday. Thanks for the ab workout!
After the game was over we spent some more time with my parents and went out for dinner.
It was a great day, with lots of laughs for sure.
We were glad that they were able to come see a game, and they were pretty happy it was such a great one at that!














1 comment:
That's just awesome to have caught in on camera! I know he'll laugh at this story when he is older.
Post a Comment