Saturday, March 19, 2011

Allyson I Love You!

This here little lady has been absolutely miserable the last week and a half.  It started on my Birthday and we are still fighting it, but I think we have turned the corner.
It started with a fever on the 8th the night of my birthday.  The next morning the fever was gone but she was throwing up.  LOVELY!  Just what I love!  That lasted all day, but it was rather weird.  She would go 3 or 4 hours without throwing up, so we would try to give her something tiny to eat or drink, since she kept requesting it, but 2 seconds after trying it she would throw up again. 
So that takes us to Thursday morning around 12 AM.  Ally had managed to keep some cracker and sips of water down before bed but puked in her bed around midnight.  We were so at a lose of what to do.  This time however the puking didn't stop.  She puked 5 times within an hour and was looking worse, so we called our Doc and he suggested we take her to the ER to get checked out, more for Dehydration concerns then anything. 
4:00AM Aaron and Ally come back home with the diagnosis of Strep!  I was shocked, but happy to have an answer. 
So the next few days were spent trying to keep her comfortable, keep the fever down, and try to keep others from getting sick.  Aaron and Jared both got nasty coughs and fevers during this time, but no one else got the Strep. 
Sunday, Ally is still miserable.  She won't eat, drink, her fevers are still up and down, never going totally away.  Sunday early evening she spikes a high fever again and looks BAD, so back to the ER we go.  She was dehydrated as well as fighting a virus too.  We get some fluids in her as well as more fever reducers and are sent home with the orders to get her checked out the next day by her Doc.
Monday her Doc was not happy with how she looked.  He did allow her to go home with the strict instructions to PUSH PUSH PUSH liquids, which we had already been trying, but she was NOT interested.  He said that he wanted to see her EVERY day until she either improved herself, or we put an IV in. 
That night I got her to eat a yogurt!  YAY!
Tuesday morning we got her to drink some smoothie!  YAY AGAIN!  Her Doc was happy to hear that, and even just those few things he saw enough improvement that he was comfortable in letting us handle it if we were comfortable too.
Wednesday was a pretty good day.  Ally was starting to perk up a bit, but still tired easy and was running a low grade fever still.  It was that night when I was putting her PJ's on that I noticed a few spots on her torso and a few on her thighs.  I kept myself from having an absolute cow, in hopes that it was a fluke, and would be better in the morning.  BOY WAS I WRONG!
Thursday morning I went into Allys room and as soon I looked at her I knew we had a serious problem.  She has had an allergic reaction to her Amoxicillin.  Her whole body from head to the bottom of her feet.  Red feverish spots, and welts.

Thursday morning after the diagnosis.


She went from bad to worse with the rash and how she felt.  At first it didn't slow her down much, but as the day progressed she felt bad.  We ended up talking to the Doc later in the afternoon and he told us that things were going to get worse before they got better since the Antibiotic stays in the body for a while.  We were told to give her Benedryl every 4 hours, and start the new Antibiotic.  Aaron's Mom brought us over some cream and Baking Soda (for a soda bath.)  She loves the cream.  Every 4 or 5 hours if we aren't watching the clock she will start saying "scratch!" meaning she is getting itchy again.  She gets relief pretty fast with the cream.
So now we are up to yesterday.  She still looked bad, but her face looked a bit better.  She was acting a bit better too, though tired out very easy.  This was her first day without a fever! 

So now it is Saturday.  I was really hoping to make it over to Tacoma for Lindsey's Bridal shower, but since Ally is still trying to get better I feel bad pushing her.  She was able to go out for an hour with Aaron's folks with Jared.  One of the stores in town has "Chick Day" where there are thousands of baby chickens all different breads ready for people to come grab.  They were just going to take Jared, but she was so sad and wanted to go.  She went to that, but came home and fell asleep for 3 hours.  Goes to show she is still not up to snuff!  Poor Girl! 
So now we are trying to get her BETTER!  It's been a long almost 2 weeks with very little rest on Aaron and my part.  We are exhausted, but are so glad that she seems to have turned the corner.

No comments: