Just a little bit of an update with some pictures.
Jared!
This boy is so lively, funny, random and as of lately has really been trying to push our buttons. I think 1 of the reasons is the fact that I have so many appointments right now (at least 2 each week) and he isn't liking it. Not to mention that it is the age.
I have been working with him teaching him some new skills and trying to better his skills he already has. He is still reading some words, he is working on addition a bit, and his letter writing. He started with scissors a while back, but I never really challenged him with them. It had always been just cutting. He needs to work on his fine motor skills so I found some sites (that is one really good one) that offered cutting line practice, as well as a lot of other things. Aaron and I were very impressed with how well he did for his very first try staying on the lines. He loved it.
First attempted on straight lines and then curvy.
The boy is very quick when it comes to learning new things, he is quick witted as well. The other night while getting dinner ready he discovered that he can open the fridge door by himself. He busted out "I have power now!" Aaron and I both cracked up. He was so proud of himself.
He talks a mile a minute to anyone that will listen and give him the time of day. He talks all day, about everything and anything you could possibly think about. The boy has the gift of gab that is for sure. He has started dwelling about death a lot lately, which I know is a phase, but still.
Allyson!
Has more new words! The latest are, down, sad, fly and please. She is under the impression though that every time she says please she gets what she wants, which so isn't true. Still the only time she says Mama is when she is really mad and upset.It is fun watching and seeing her catch on to speech. She loves "talking" in her language still, which is absolutely fine, we just love that we can understand her so much better now. I take her back to Speech Therapy next month for a re-evaluation so they can see how she has changed.
Loves dancing. She doesn't even need music on to feel the groove! We love that she has her own spirit about her.
Her new picture face. She has started posing and saying CHEESE!
She put Jared's hat on backwards all by herself.
Both kids are getting better about playing together and getting along better. I like watching them turn into little friends and playmates. I hope it continues after "Baby C" comes, and I hope they bring her along with them too. I don't want anyone left out.Baby C!
Yes she has a name and as long as she "looks like a ____" she will keep that name. Jared was drawing a picture last night on the Magna Doodle and drew 1 happy face for every person in the family when he suddenly realized and said "Mama when Carys is here that will make 5!" So he drew her a little smiley face too squished in on the side so she could be a part of the portrait of smiles. Carys Morgan is what we decided on, also what we liked the best.
I've been going to twice weekly Non-stress tests for a few weeks now and so far I've passed and been able to go home but they haven't been Non-stressful. Each time there is some issue, like lack of heartbeat (which was scary for a bit, until I could feel her moving around) , too not enough Accelerations and Decelerations in the heartbeat and contractions. So all these little "easy" appointments have turned into 2 and a half hour long appointments that just cause stress. I go in again on Monday and we might get our date of induction. Either way it should be in about 2 weeks or so. It's coming up and we still aren't ready. We still need to get a few things, and put the bassinet together, but we are getting there.
So, for now that is us. Aren't you glad you read this entire post?!





4 comments:
LOVE the name. Bops would be proud.
Such cute kiddo's. I LOVE the magnadoodle picture. So sweet! I'm not going to lie, I'm super excited to be an auntie again! Let me know how I can help get things ready for sweet baby Carys to come.
Love the name Carys. I may have to call her Carys Morgau though. Yea for babies!!!
I'm glad I read all the way to the end! I also love the name you chose. I hope it still fits when you see her!
Loved Jared's "I have power now!". I laughed out loud, and everyone here thought I was losing it. (What they don't know is that I lost it a LONG time ago!)
Ally is so beautiful...isn't this age fun?
I'm glad I ran into you and your mama the other day. It was nice to chat for a few minutes.
Post a Comment