With the anticipated arrival of baby #3 I have been slightly distracted, but not totally.
We have a couple very important and special days coming up in the near future.
October 28th - Allyson will turn 2.
November 8th - Jared will be 4. 4! I can't believe he will be 4! That is so crazy.
So with that info and with #3 coming right amongst the already important dates I've been trying to figure out what to do for Ally and Peas birthdays. This year they will most likely have a combined shindig with just Family and maybe a few friends. I'm not totally sure when it will be, it really depends on when newbie arrives. I want to do something special for each of them on THEIR day of course as well, but as for a big party, it will most likely be combined this year.
I'm thinking of getting a little cake for both of them decorated with something that interests just him and just her and then a one big one for the rest of the group. Hopefully that way they will both feel special with their own thing even though it is combined. I don't know. It's lame, but I'm not sure how to make it special.
Jared's interests right now -
Hotwheels of course
Trains either the wooden sets or he has been mentioning a remote control set
Trio's - These are his newest love. He got them for Christmas last year from my parents, but it has only been real recently that he has been addicted to building with these and wanting more sets. It's been great watching his imagination take shape.
Allys interests right now are harder - She is into doing whatever Jared is doing, or should I say destroying whatever Jared is doing. Poor guy gets so frustrated sometimes.
She does however have some favorite things.
Babies
Backyardigans
Music and dancing
So depending on how things go tomorrow getting baby turned, (there are risks involved, such as baby distress, water breaking, full out labor) I'm thinking of doing a party in between the 2 actual dates. I'm hoping that if things go alright tomorrow and we get our date for before Allys bday like I think we will, then having a party the beginning of November would be perfect.
We'll see. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment