Well the last few days have been long around here.
It all started Thursday evening when Jared was getting into bed and started complaining about his head hurting. Friday morning about 5 AM Jared threw up but after that felt better. We weren't really sure what to think about it, but kept his eating and drinking to a minimum, just in case. He rested and seemed to be doing a lot better early evening and wanted to go do something so we went for a little drive. NOT A GOOD IDEA. He got really upset in the car, saying his head hurt again, so we came straight home, and made it just in time before he got sick again. Again, with resting and a dark room he was alright.
The next day he was doing better. He still wasn't back to normal but a lot better. We aren't completely sure what it was. We are hoping he isn't getting his Dad's migraines.
So that was this weekend, then came today.
I had been dreading this day since Jared's first dentist trip last month.
I've actually been stressing about this since I started to suspect that Jared had a cavity months ago. I stressed about that, then stressed about trying to get them insurance. The day I found out they they had insurance I got him his appointment which was that very same week. Once we found out that he needed this work done I've done nothing but stress and worry about it.
Finally the day came, today. Jared couldn't have anything to drink or eat after Midnight, which wasn't too bad, except he kept saying he was thirsty and wanted his milk. We got him to the Office at 8 this morning and he was put out and we were out of the room by 8:15. I hated that part. I didn't like watching him go under and hated leaving him in there. An hour later we were called back in and he was done and resting on a mattress in a different room. He had done great. The Anesthesiologist was great with us and Jared, he talked to us before and after and he answered all our questions. I guess they put a breathing tube in his nose, an IV in his foot and gave him some Demerol. I didn't know they were going to do all that. We never saw the dentist himself, which bugs me a bit. You'd think that he would tell us what exactly happened and how it all went, but he didn't. I mentioned before I wasn't too fond of him and this just certified it.
It took a bit to get Jared "awake" and somewhat functional, so he could be cleared to go, but once we did we were on our way. He was very sad and miserable at first. He didn't like how he felt, the taste in his mouth bothered him and he wanted a balloon.
We made it home and since then he has been sleeping on and off on the couch. He is such a trooper, not much complaining at all. He has mentioned that his teeth feel big, which I think is his way of saying that they feel different, and that bothers him a bit. Hopefully he will get used to that soon. Teeth always feel different after a trip to the dentist.
All in all things were fine, I was just stressing and he will be fine. What can I say, I WORRY!
Between this weekend and him not eating and today I bet the boy has lost a few pounds and is under 30 pounds again. Good thing I bought Popsicles and treats for him when he is ready.
We Love You Jared and are so sorry that you have had a rough few days.
1 comment:
So glad Jared is doing ok. He's a little trooper.
Post a Comment