Monday, September 6, 2010

Dumbest things ever said

Well, I guess there could be worse things said, but this is a topper in my book.

Came across an acquaintance the other day at the store.  She too is expecting and is due this month.  She was asking me about Jared's birth, so I gave her the Readers Digest version.  I mentioned the important stuff, but without getting into detail. 

I guess I should've gone into more detail or just told her to look here, cuz during our conversation she said "I wish I could get preeclampsia that way I would be done."  Um, what?  I didn't know what to say to that.  Of course I don't wish it on anyone, but I almost do a little so she understands.  Well, no I don't.  I don't wish my experience on my worst enemies.  I just don't get it!  What a stupid thing to say!

I guess I should've mentioned that a lot of women lose their or their babies lives, but I didn't.  I just stood there in shock and then said, well I hope for your sake you don't, and then I left. 

Whatever!

3 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

Flabberghasted. (or Gobsmacked as Jean would say). Put it down to ignorance.

Sabin Family said...

That is a really, REALLY dumb thing to say!!! I didn't have that myself but I've seen how sick women and their babies can get. What an ignorant fool!

Ginanne said...

How dumb! I know the feeling though, I often get "I wish I had what you have (gastroparesis) So I could lose weight without effort"

some people do it, its called starving yourself.

I hate stupid people.