Well Aaron and I just got back from my first trip back to UW Medical. My appointment was at 9:45 and we finally got home around 5, and no there were no stops between there and here. It was a very long appointment, but I'm glad we were thorough.
What we have learned is basically, is when my body becomes pregnant it goes into FREAK OUT MODE to the extreme. I pretty much knew that but with the scans, tests and everything else it was proven and now we have it down on paper.
For instance. A normal person pumps around 4-5 liters of blood per minute through-out their body. At about 16 weeks gestation a woman's body produces 6 liters and levels off a little before another big peak and then finally at 33 weeks the blood volume goes down again. Well I am 17 weeks and I am pumping a whooping 11-12 liters per minute which is twice as much and no where near leveling off and no where near my peak. On the chart they were using to chart my level I was off the chart. NICE!
There was another chart that showed something else that I didn't quite catch and again I'm way off. I wish I knew why my body freaks out so bad. It's just rather odd. Annoying yes and obviously frustrating, but it's just so weird to me.
My "Juggy" experience showed us that I am spilling some protein, but for now we are watching it. It's not too high yet. We just need to watch it closely so we don't risk too much kidney harm.
Another issue is my Heart Rate. This is a problem I didn't have with Ally. We need to get it slowed down. Just sitting/laying in the office it was 130+ . Flippin ridiculous, for a resting rate. Dr. Easterling was going to put me on a lower dose of medication, but once he took my pulse sitting and then took it after I walked over to the table (about 2 feet at most) and noticed the huge difference, he said, "No, that needs come down. We need to protect your heart and get that down."
I learned some not so great facts, like I most likely will have chronic hypertension the rest of my life and my chances of diabetes in the near future is quite high.
Again this might sound like complaining, but I'm not. I'm so glad that we were able to go over and see Dr. Easterling. He is highly rated with PIH and PreE. I'm counting the hours when I can start taking my meds and hope that I will start feeling better and more human! Not expecting a miracle with all issues fixed and gone, but I would love to not be so tired, not short of breath with my heart pounding out of my chest and I would love to have a day without such a nasty headache. Not just for my sake, but for the kids and Aaron too.
2 comments:
Wow woman! lol. Those are some insane facts. The body is a very mysterious thing isn't it?
Wow Carolyn that's nuts! It's like you are actually allergic to pregnancy or something :(
Post a Comment