Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh, great!

At times I think when we show up to things people think, Oh great, "They" are here. Not just for the reason listed below, but this new(ish) development doesn't help.

Jared is (or can be) a VERY lively, not too great at listening, yelling and fit throwing 3 year old boy. 

Yesterday was a not good day at Church.  He went out to the foyer twice and then Primary was a joke from what I hear.  I guess he was alright in class, but during opening and singing time, he wasn't.  To be fair, he hasn't been to church in quite a while, do to the illnesses that have been mentioned in many previous posts. I can count how many times he has been in the last 4 months, and I can tell you it fits on 1 hand.

He also has zero friends his age.  How sad is that.  He isn't in school.  He is too young (his birthday is 3 months after the cutoff) and quite frankly we can't afford preschool.  I think that if he were to spend more time with kids his age it would help.  I can't just dream up friends for him, so I can't really fix that one. 

Just so you don't write him off as a "troublemaker", he has his good points too.  He is very smart.  He can recite his alphabet, recognize all the letters. He can also tell you what letter lots of words start with.  He can count to 16, and for the most part recognizes his numbers (he has a bit of trouble after 10.)  He knows all his colors of course.  He can point out and name tons of cars.  He loves pointing out all the Mustangs, Chargers,  Mazda 3's and many more. 

He can make us laugh with what he does and says. He is sweet and loves to cuddle and tells us numerous times through-out the day that he loves us. 

It might seem like I'm bragging and maybe I am a bit, but since I kinda ratted him out at the start of this post I needed to show good points too.  So many people that he comes into contact with do not know the true Jared, cuz he gets so excited and worked up that the "troublemaker" shines through.

All in all he is a great kid with lots of personality and spunk.  If I could just learn how to syphon some of that energy...

We Love You Jared,
Life would be so boring without you!

6 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

People do NOT think, "Oh, They're here". Everyone has had a crazy day at church from time to time and he was in a different place, he'd never been to Our Primary before.
We know he's just excited. We love his spontaneity and the funny things he comes up with and says. We wouldn't have him any other way.

Anonymous said...

I'm with your mom!

Gina said...

As the parent of a fellow "troublemaker", I feel your Sunday pain. I just remind myself repeatedly (and sometimes aloud) that this age and phase is so temporary. We really have great kids, and fortunately, what they are like as 3-year-olds is not a forecast for what kind of adults they'll become. Thank goodness!!

Keep up the good work. I'm sure Jared is a wonderful boy, just like Amy is a wonderful girl.

Jen said...

That's so sad that he doesn't have any friends his age. Emma will be his friend! We got lucky in our ward and Emma has 7 little friends that she plays with. You guys will never be the "those people" people either. Don't worry about it.

Jordee said...

I love when you all come to our ward. I wish it were permanent. As for Jared, he is what you would call a boy. It is just how he is and there is no troublemaking about him. I think all three year old boys are just like him. He is such a cutie too.

Erica said...

AW, I have one those too! I swear, it must be the age! I'm always MORTIFIED when I'm THAT MOM in Wal-Mart with a fit-throwing boy who is screaming his guts up because I didn't buy him the toy or candy or whatever he thinks he needs. It is so embarrassing and I must chant to nyself, "He WILL live, I WILL live, we WILL live thru this" as I march straight to the car, speed home and march his butt upstairs and to bed. Ya know, if you are able, check out storytime at the library (it's OK to be rambunctious during songs and it's SHORT!), MOPS, oh, and there used to be an Ellensburg Moms group on Yahoo that I belonged to that was fun. Only worry if he's doing this at age 20!