Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Petite Tykes and Seattle

Well I just get back from an appointment where the children got weighed, measured and pricked. First of all their Iron levels were spectacular! Yay blood!

Both kids are doing well, they are just petite, well, in weight that is.

Their stats are as follows.

Jared - Weighed in at 26 pounds = 15%
Height was 36 inches = 70%

Ally - Weighed in at 14 pounds = 20%
Height was 26 inches = 55%

What is bad though is putting this info into the computer at the office a little warning comes up saying that Jared BMI is considered Mal-Nourished. GREAT! Nice huh?

I was putting this info on our own little charts and now that Ally is 6 months I was comparing here stats to Jared's. I know I shouldn't. They are different kids and different sexes. But I still do it. Jared weighed 2 pounds more and was an inch taller. Just kinda funny to see the differences in them.

All in all they are doing well. They are staying on their curve of the growth charts, which is fine. They are just long lightweights!

Aaron is off to Seattle again. Back to see Dr. McInnes to talk to him about the "next step" in this whole fiasco.

We talked to the Lawyer and Safeway has said that they are pretty much done with any other surgeries, but if they get different word from Dr. McInnes then there is a possibility that maybe something will still come out of it. We understand that they want to be done, but so do we. We are not going to let them just wash their hands of us when Aaron is still injured. We will be done when all that can happen has. Dr. McInnes and another Dr. have both said that there are other possibilities still out there. We have not given up. Though it is so hard not too. We can't!

Aaron and I have talked about moving over to Seattle area though. We go over there way too much. We put 20,000 miles on our van last year with all the trips! RIDICULOUS I'm tellin' ya.

2 comments:

Nichole Gaertner said...

Aw Carolyn... that's hard about Aaron. I'm really sorry that Safeway is being so difficult. I totally vote for you guys to move up here! :) Josh and I have been going to Swedish Hospital because of my pregnancy (consulting with a perinatal specialist) and I absolutely love that hospital. Unfortunately my babers is going to be born at Stevens Hospital. Any opinions about that one? I don't know ANYTHING about the hospitals over here. I can't believe that your baby is already six months old. That's incredible! HAHA!
Love Nichole

Erica said...

That really bites that Safeway is being *^%#@^$ about the whole issue...it should be there main concern that Aaron is well and able to function properly before they wash their hands of him. I know what you mean about comparing kid stats! Fortunately, both my chubs made their own charts and they are similar in their growth patterns. I still do it though!