Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh where oh where has my little boy gone?


So Jared has been sick since last Weekend. He has had a nasty nose, raunchy cough and fevers. I can deal with that okay, though it's not fun. What is getting to me is the attitude that has come with this cold/sickness. I know he isn't feeling well and I am totally trying to be patient, but it's getting really hard. Today he is finally starting to become a bit more "Jaredish".

For those who haven't spent much time with him, he is one of the easiest going little person I know. He just goes with the flow, and has a very sweet personality. But oh my gosh how that has changed this week. My fear is, is this is the 2 year old Jared showing up! GRRRRRRRR

This week has been full of tantrums, meltdowns, tears and everything else imaginable. I'm just hoping that this is because he is not feeling well and that once he gets over the worst of this he will go back to my sweet little man. I have come to the realization that some if this is may be here to stay for a while since he is at this age.

Oh dear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh fun times lay ahead!?! Now days just when Leighton is sick, too, or needs a nap he acts like that. But I'd say he's almost done with the real terrible twos. Fingers crossed. And it's hard to have patience sometimes...

suepeterson710 said...

Hang in there. Sweet Jared will be back one day.
Did I ever tell you the 3's are worse than the 2's???
Maybe I shouldn't have said That!

Melanie said...

It sucks!! Let me just tell you. Jacob has been driving us crazy lately because 3 is worse than 2! The silver lining is looking at Emily - she is so different than she was when we first moved here. So much more sweet and so much less defiant and whiny and crybaby-ish.

Just keep saying your prayers and praying for patience.

Good luck!

(P.S. I'm STILL sick!)

Annie Leavitt said...

i have to agree with mel, as frustrating as 2 is, 3 definitely sucks worse.

hang in there. abby's driving me nuts too.