Friday, August 29, 2008

NST - Non Stress Tests

Yesterday was yet another busy day for us Rhodes' It started with another appointment here for me with Dr. Sand. We were able to see a 4D ultrasound of the baby. She looks pretty cute. A lot like Jared did when he was first born. Dr. Sand was also able to do a special scan that showed how her body is handling my PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). Different colors meant different things, but as of yesterday she is doing great. We were glad to hear it. She still is breech at the moment but has time to flip. But with the way my body is, a c-section may be the answer anyway.

I was told yesterday that starting next Friday I am going to have to go to the hospital for weekly Non-Stress Tests, and once I hit 35 weeks, which is in about 5 weeks I will have to do twice weekly Non-Stress Tests. I know it's for my/baby's good, but the last time I was sent in for a NST I didn't go home for 7 days (that was when we had Jared in case you were wondering)! We'll see.

So we were home for about 30 minutes and then we were off to Seattle for an appointment for Aaron. His ankle is doing well. His was able to get his outer stitches removed. He still is non-weight bearing on his leg, and still can't get his ankle/foot wet, but has been told to do a few more ROM (range of motion) exercises. So far so good with all that business!

I guess that is all for now, honestly I think that is enough for now!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry I missed your call yesterday, but I'm glad everything went so well at the doctor appts. I can't believe you're already 30 weeks! This baby is coming soon!

Good luck with all the stress tests and I hope things continue on well with Aaron's ankle!

Is Jared feeling better?

Nichole Gaertner said...

Hey Carolyn! :) I actually ran into Aaron today in church. Yah, it looks as if Josh and I are moving this Saturday to Lynnwood? We actually aren't sure where in the Seattle area yet because we havent actually found an apartment officially yet. We're going Tuesday to look at two that are available. Josh got hired on at Microsoft... the XBOX division. We're excited, but there isn't a whole lot of money with it. Oh well, looks good on a resume eh?! hehe!

I'm glad that you haven't been put on bed rest yet. It's a good sign, at least for now. And soon Aaron's foot will be all better (knock on wood) and you'll have two babies to chase with two parents doing the chasing.
Love Nichole

Jen said...

Hey Guys! It's Jen Throolin. How's everything going? Our blog is jake-ifer.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

How are the tests going? Still status-quo?