Monday, April 14, 2008

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo, how about you...

That is a song that I remember from back in the day when we went to the Point Defiance Zoo as a family.
Besides buying a Van on Saturday we went to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. This has been a tradition with one of Aarons brothers. We take him every year for his birthday so in keeping in tradition we went.
It was fun but majorly busy. It was the first REALLY nice day over there and I think everybody and their dog were out at the Zoo. Even though we were really squished at some of the exhibits Jared seemed to like it. I think next year will be even better.

This Orangutan was awesome. She had her face looking perfectly level with Jared. I thought it might spook him, but nope!
As you can see he Loved it (like I said it was crowded and we couldn't get a really great shot).

We saw the Elephants too, but this is the closest he could get to actually touching one! HA HA
All in All a good day at the Zoo!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like fun! It's really neat when the kids actually get old enough to start enjoying the zoo and seeing all the animals!

You sure had an action-packed Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Zoo's are fun, especially when the kids are old enough to get a kick out of it. I'm waiting for a decent day too.