Not much has been discovered yet about this issue, but things are starting to come to light. Most ladies have underlying issues before. They are linking PreE with autoimmune disease. They have noticed issues with the placenta as well.
It was nice to get together with other families and friends of those who have also gone through similar experiences as I did. It was nice to reconnect with Dr. Easterling and introduce him to the girls who he played a big role in keeping healthy. I also was able to introduce my parents to him. They had heard a lot about him obviously since they would watch Jared, and or Jared and Ally (depending on which pregnancy) while we went to UW Medical to see him.
I have also realized something. While at these walks or while talking to others on sites and or facebook support groups, people are often surprised and impressed by our story with PreE and HELLP syndrome. Is that good? I'm thinking not, but in a way it is kind of cool.
Is that weird? Probably, but I think it is awesome that going through what my body and Jared's body went through we are here and overall in pretty great health. There are some things that my body has never "fixed" but considering how very sick and close to death I was, I will take it. At the local hospital I am known (in the Labor and Delivery ward.) I have been told over and over that I am the closest the nurses have seen someone get to dying and not. I am odd, but I think that is cool. I might need mental help.
Anyway, I am proud to be a survivor with my miracles. Here are a few shots from the day.
I wish Aaron was in the shot, but someone had to take the picture.
Me, my Mom, my Dad,
Carys, Jared, and Allyson
The back of us
I look horrible but here is Dr. Easterling. He is a great guy, who travels the world such as third world countries, Australia and more helping to figure out causes and a cure. He is a founder of The Preeclampsia foundation . He is a very down to earth guy who loved just chatting.
The main group, with a few missing.
My kids with their painted faces.
Seriously they all have great lashes!
The walk was very short. Not as long as it said it was going to be, but that was okay. We all walked down to the water and enjoyed throwing rocks and chatting.
The reason for the walks!
The future generation.
My damage is done and my future health issues are what they are going to be. Heat Disease and diabetes are very very likely. But that is layed out,
I worry about my girls. Seeing that I have had such bad reactions to pregnancies their chances aren't great. I hope that something can be discovered in the next 20 years.



1 comment:
First, you do NOT look horrible with Dr. Easterling. And second, the research for this is on-going and I'm sure that by the time the girls are in their 30's (coz that's when Aaron will let them start dating, right?) there will be new treatments that will help and you were lots better with the girls once they knew to take special care.
Post a Comment