They got Jared hooked up to the machines and gave him Albuterol treatments, some oral meds and another inhaler treatment with a really neat spacer (I want to get an extra one, it is really cool.) After a couple hours we were allowed to go home with strict instructions of more treatments and prescriptions.
*These photos were taken with my phone*
I thought the breathing mask was so cute. If you can't tell it is a dinosaur. We got to keep it. He doesn't like our regular one, but he would use the Dino! Whatever works right!
Still smiling though having such a hard time breathing. The boy was still trying to talk as much as normal even tough he was trying to catch his breath. He ALWAYS talks.
The Asthma attack really wiped the man child out. He was tired and draggin' for a few days. Tuesday was bloody nose day, with a few episodes of that, which really isn't too big of a deal we are pretty used to those, but when added to the rest of what went on it this week which I will get to and added to the fact he was so wiped already it was just another pain.
So now we get to Wednesday evening. I noticed that Jared had some nasty green boogies in his left eye, but didn't think too much about it, since it was just a little thing. But WOW Thursday morning he wakes up and comes into our room and says "Mama, there is something wrong with my eye!" I look at him and it is totally glued shut with green boogies. It was red, puffy and sore.
Photo after de-boogied.
Diagnosis: Pink Eye. GREAT! I have always wanted to try this one out! The kids haven't had this before, but now we think this is what Carys had a couple weeks ago as well as her Double Ear infection. I don't think I ever mentioned that.
- Side Note, Carys had a double ear infection and most likely pink eye.-
Anyway, so we have some eye drops that we are using 3 times a day to try to clear this up. He has been a pretty good sport up until last night and this morning. Last night he got pretty miserable. His eyes were hurting, swollen/puffy and just plain angry. This morning he got pretty scared. He woke up and realized that he couldn't see anything. BOTH EYES now are infected and BOTH EYES were goobered shut.
-another side note, getting green gunk/cement like material out of eyelashes that wave in the breeze like Jared has, is a rather hard task. It is nearly impossible.-
Just a cute shot I got while he was in some good spirits Thursday.
So we are trying to get him cleared up with hopes that this other little person in our lives DOESN'T get it. We are trying our best to keep hands clean and sanitized but with 3 little ones 4, 2, and under 1 it is almost impossible.
Picture just cuz she is cute.





No comments:
Post a Comment