Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The happenings of September 8th, 2009

Yesterday Jared had his left nostril cauterized. He did really well. Aaron had to hold him tight in the chair while he had the procedure done. I held him through the exam but man is him strong. They had to spray the initial number up his nose and then stick soaked cotton balls up there, which he hated and I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep him still enough for the actual cauterizing part, so Daddy took over. The poor kid was a mess for a good part of the afternoon and early evening. He was numb from the eyes down, which meant drooling, and runny nose. The Dr. said there would some black goo most likely running out of his nose, due to the burning of the vessels, and it won't come off for a few days. NICE!!! He is also most likely not done. They only cauterize 1 side at a time, because the burning can burn a hole through the septum if they were to do both.

So here are a couple pictures of the boy and his nose. For some reason he has started this weird squinting and posing during pictures. He also needs another hair cut, just ignore that part.
 


 


Now about Ally. For some reason this cute thing hasn't been eating or sleeping lately. She is way to young to for-go naps, though she thinks she isn't. We have tried everything to get her to sleep and eat.
Last night she was in a good mood and so I thought I would take advantage of the situation and take a few pictures. I like the first one though it is a bit blurry, she was crawling too fast.
 


 

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have such beautiful kids!! Jacob got his nose cauterized 6 years ago fro the same problem. It fixed it! Hopefully it will work on Jared.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I think if this happened to Leighton, Dave would have to hold him and not just because of the strength but I couldn't handle seeing Leighton go through that. I teared up when I saw him doze off because of anesthesia. His breathing got slow, he kinda hiccuped, his eyes looking at me as if he needed saving...oh I am a wuss.

Anyway, at least Jared is young and hopefully this fixes his bloody noses (right?) so he can put all this behind him and not worry about waking up in blood.